Since 1967, Natixis Global Asset Management has focused on acquiring specialized investment management firms, each dedicated to protecting and enhancing the wealth of individuals and institutions.
In 2000, the firm was acquired by CDC Asset Management, establishing the basis for a truly global, multi-boutique investment organization. In 2006, it became the principal asset management organization of Natixis, the corporate, investment management and financial services arm of Groupe BPCE, the second-largest banking player in France. Natixis is listed on the Paris stock exchange (NYSE Euronext) SBF 120 index.
Through the years, Natixis Global Asset Management has continued to acquire and partner with investment managers whose experience spans a broad range of investment styles and asset classes, including core equities, multisector bonds and alternatives. The firm has a history of seeking independent affiliates with a strong, local market presence, long-term investment outlook and solid track record of performance.
In addition, the firm’s proprietary distribution network offers the unique investment solutions of our affiliates to institutional and intermediary clients in Asia, Europe and the Americas.
Recent highlights from our history of successful acquisitions and distribution growth include:
- 2013: McDonnell Investment Management - Fixed-income specialist managing taxable and tax-exempt bond portfolios
- 2012: Opens distribution office in Hong Kong
- 2012: Durable Portfolio Construction® – the company unveils first-of-its-kind approach to manage market volatility and enhance diversification, and supports it with a dedicated website
- 2011: Opens distribution office in Madrid, Spain
- 2011: IDFC – this Mumbai-based fund manager broadens the firm’s footprint in Asia and provides direct access to India’s economic growth and equity markets
- 2011: Darius Capital Partners – independent research and advisory firm dedicated to supporting institutional investing in hedge funds
- 2010: Opens distribution offices in Amsterdam, Netherlands and Stockholm, Sweden
- 2010: Ossiam – the first specialty exchange-traded start-up in Europe adds new institutional offerings for the firm in France, Germany, Italy, Switzerland and London
- 2010: H2O Asset Management – adds depth to the firm’s European offering with UCITS-compliant global fixed-income and global macro multi-strategy management for institutional investors
- 2009: Opens distribution office in Taipei, Taiwan
- 2008: Adds Geneva, Switzerland distribution office
- 2008: Gateway Investment Advisers – offers access to hedged equity strategies for risk-conscious investors
- 2007: AlphaSimplex Group – expands the firm’s alternatives offering with dynamic asset allocation strategies and risk management protocols for traditional and alternative asset classes